Thursday, July 7, 2016

Another walk, more flowers

Yesterday, I took a walk on our favorite road early in the morning. It wasn't super early - maybe 8am. But it was still fairly cool. I noticed some wildflowers I hadn't seen on my walk a few days ago.

Sunshine School Road - a favorite walk
Here are some of the flowers I saw:

Chicory
Some type of geranium - probably Pineywoods Geranium

Paintbrush
Some type of Cinquefoil, I think
Some type of thistle - maybe Musk Thistle
Looks like Saxifrage to me

Last night was a difficult night. Betsey was confused and uncomfortable. The Hospice staff visit has not as yet produced the changes in pain management we had hoped for. The nurse comes back tomorrow - maybe then. But neither Ellen or I got much sleep. In two nights we will get a respite - we will be moving into a little apartment in Boulder. We should be able to catch up on sleep then. Rob has left for a conference in Aspen. It was originally going to be for three days, he has reduced it to one. He'll be back tomorrow. Tonight, it will be up to Ellen and Katie to hold the fort.


No comments:

Post a Comment