Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Bill's speech

Last night, at the Democratic Convention, Bill Clinton gave a very personal account of his relation with Hillary. It was a good speech, and I think he did an effective job of portraying Hillary as a "change-maker." But I think he missed an opportunity to make an even more profound impact. If I had been his speech-writer, here's how I would have ended the speech:

.... You know, when I was president, I did  some really stupid things...things I regret having done to this very day. What did Hillary do? She did not run away. She was tough ... Really tough. But she stood by me, and SHE CHANGED ME! She made me a better man, and I will always be grateful to her for that....

And let me tell you something ... Hillary will stand by you, because that's who she is ...

And she will help change this country for the better, because that's what she does ...

And future generations will look back and be grateful that Hillary Clinton was President of the United States of America!!!

Thank you, and God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment