Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Madlibs

On Thanksgiving Day at Katie and Savanna's, I wrote a Madlibs for the occasion. Here is the original:

-->
A Thanksgiving Visitor

On Thanksgiving Day, 2016, a knock came at the front door of 205 West Pelham Road. "Who could that be?" said Brendon, looking up from his game of  ___name of a game____. "No one ever comes to the front door." Savanna opened the door, and standing there was man with ___ a color____ hair. "Hello," he said, my name is Donald ____a last name____. "May I come in?" Savanna wasn't sure. She took a moment to scratch her ____a body part___ and collect her thoughts.  "What do you want?" Donald ___a verb for making an offensive sound___  and stuck out his ___a body part___,  "I'm reaching out to people who didn't vote for me. I want to unify our ___a political unit___. "Oh, well, come in then," said, Savanna, as she pushed aside the __a piece of furniture___ so that Donald could come in. "Katie," she said, "we have company. It's Donald __last name from above___."   "Tell him to pull up a ___piece of furniture___ and sit down," said Katie, calling from the ___a room in the house___.  "Would you like a drink?" asked Savanna. "Yes," said Donald, "I'll have a ___name of a drink___. Donald settled in and asked, "Have you heard that I want to build a ___name of a large structure___  to keep out  ____name of a group of people___?  What do you think of that idea?" Tye piped up. "I think that idea ___a pejorative expression___!  Savanna spoke up. "Donald, you should know that we think you are a  ____a mental illness___.  "You may be right," said Donald. But remember, I'm your ___same mental illness___. What can I do to win you over?  Katie joined the conversation. "You could appoint ____name of a well-known person___ to the Supreme Court." "I love ___same name___ exclaimed Donald.  Consider it done. What else? Brendon spoke up again,  "How about ___a participle for a violent action___ your ____a body part___  into your ___a body oriface___  and ___a participle for making a loud noise____  like a ___an animal___.  "Brendon," said Savanna, suppressing a ___a bodily noise expressing disapproval___. Don't be rude to our guest." "Not to worry," said Donald. "I like the boy's honesty. Brendon, what is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving dinner?" "___an unusual food___, said Brendon. "I love __same food___, said Donald. I eat it every day. Well, I have to go. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!" "And a Happy  ___a holiday___  to you," said Katie. "Try not to trip over the ____a piece of furniture___  on your way out! After Donald left, Tye exclaimed, "That man is a ___a well-known villain___.  "Amen," said B. "Let's eat ___another unusual food____

And here is the way it came out with the responses I got from people (which, admittedly, were a bit unusual at times).

-->
A Thanksgiving Visitor

On Thanksgiving Day, 2016, a knock came at the front door of 205 West Pelham Road. "Who could that be?" said Brendon, looking up from his game of Scrabble. "No one ever comes to the front door." Savanna opened the door, and standing there was man with purple hair. "Hello," he said, my name is Donald Pinchass. "May I come in?" Savanna wasn't sure. She took a moment to scratch her earlobe and collect her thoughts.  "What do you want?" Donald muttered and stuck out his uvula,  "I'm reaching out to people who didn't vote for me. I want to unify our state. "Oh, well, come in then," said, Savanna, as she pushed aside the futon so that Donald could come in. "Katie," she said, "we have company. It's Donald Pinchass."   "Tell him to pull up a hassock and sit down," said Katie, calling from the mudroom.  "Would you like a drink?" asked Savanna. "Yes," said Donald, "I'll have a pineapple juice. Donald settled in and asked, "Have you heard that I want to build a mosque   to keep out a quilt club?  What do you think of that idea?" Tye piped up. "I think that idea sucks!  Savanna spoke up. "Donald, you should know that we think you are a  trichotillomaniac.  "You may be right," said Donald. But remember, I'm your trichotillomanic. What can I do to win you over?  Katie joined the conversation. "You could appoint Sarah Palin to the Supreme Court." "I love Sarah Palin exclaimed Donald.  Consider it done. What else? Brendon spoke up again,  "How about throttling your hip bone into your nostril and crashing like an ardvaark.  "Brendon," said Savanna, suppressing a boom. Don't be rude to our guest." "Not to worry," said Donald. "I like the boy's honesty. Brendon, what is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving dinner?" "Pigsfeet, said Brendon. "I love Pigsfeet, said Donald. I eat them every day. Well, I have to go. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!" "And a Happy  Patriot Day to you," said Katie. "Try not to trip over the commode on your way out! After Donald left, Tye exclaimed, "That man is a Billy the Kid. "Amen," said B. "Let's eat octopus!

No comments:

Post a Comment