Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Marching on

These past few days I have been a bit distracted from the cleaning out process by company and the need to get our wood stacked, and other tasks. Yesterday I did some mowing, and also cleaned out the woodstove flue, which was much needed, so I could run the stove a bit to warm up the basement  -  we have had some chilly nights. I also reactivated my pool membership. Today, in addition to stacking wood, I pulled out nails from scrap lumber and sawed up the pieces into kindling. So we're making progress on several fronts.

One aspect of cleaning out is going through photographs, both slides and prints. In 1980, I made a trip west by bus and went to Yosemite N.P., among other places. I took black and white photos and developed and printed them in the "darkroom," which is what the "sauna" was back then (the "sauna" that became a storage room and which I just cleaned out). I found a stash of those prints, which I hadn't seen for a while. Here are three favorites:

Yosemite Falls

Yosemite scene

At base of Yosemite Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment