Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas Day and Revels

We had a lovely Christmas Day at Katie and Savanna's. I had several sore spots from my fall the previous evening, but had a good time anyway. Several traditions honored: e.g., stollen, singing carols, playing Mad libs, one gift per person by lot, playing Salad Bowl, Christmas Crackers, tourtiere, figgy pudding.

Mary, Mimi, Savanna and Jerry at table. The crowns come in the "crackers ."

Tuesday I went to the hospital for X-rays. Results Thursday. The rest of the day I took it easy. 

Today, we went to ReveÅ‚s in Cambridge. I felt ok and did fine. The theme was Venetian. I was pleased to see that a young man I toured with in Northern Harmony back in 2001, Gideon Crevoshay, was a featured singer. He was good! It was an outstanding show, aurally and visually. No photos allowed during performance but i got these during breaks

     End of the first half

         After the Finale

         Sanders theater

We had a lovely drive down and back listening to Messiah: a really great concert by the Blanche Moyse Chorale back in the early 1980s. Dawn Upshaw was the soprano soloist! The chorus is amazing.

Tomorrow I see the doc at 11a.m. and we host John & Cynthia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment