Friday, March 16, 2018

In Shutesbury

At the moment, I'm sitting in the living room at Katie and Savanna's house. Ellen dropped me off here at about 11:30a.m. this morning on her way to Swarthmore, where she will attend a funeral for Frank Mustin, who died earlier this week at age 94. Harry and Sarah have been part of the Mustin "family" for many years, living over a carriage house which is part of the Mustin "compound;" Harry working for them as a gardener and maintenance person. Ellen has know the Mustins for decades, and she will see people at the funeral she has not seen for years. I'm still getting over a chest cold, taking antibiotic, still coughing some, tho not so much), so I decided to say home and rather than stay at the house without a car, I'm here with Katie & Savanna. There is a pot-luck supper at their church tonight, but only Katie and Brendon will be at that. Savanna and I will stay here and eat a wonderful  stew Ellen prepared (bless her heart).

I just watched the first round of March Madness - UNC (a #2 seed) played Lipscome University (a #15 seed), and won handily, though the first fifteen minutes of the first half, Lipscome kept up with them and even led at times. But UNC ended the first half with a 12-2 run, and dominated throughout the 2nd half. Lipscome is a Church of Christ college in Nashville, TN. I had never heard of it before and this was their first time in the NCAA Tournament. They did well and can go home with heads held high, I would think. UNC will play Texas A&M in the 2nd round on Sunday. That will be a whole different kettle of fish, as they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment